No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: MDINA GLASS  (Read 5944 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: MDINA GLASS
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 07:31:30 AM »
I think you already know everything there is to know about it. The "signature" is fairly meaningless, as Sue has explained because they are not maker's signatures

Offline michael hill

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass
    • uk
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 07:57:23 AM »
thanks christina,   that's what i was thinking, i am just wondering now what sort of value to put on it,  does the signature mean much or is it pretty worthless if there is no way of telling the artist ?

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2017, 09:31:56 AM »
The so-called signature was genuinely applied at the studio. Collectors know about these and the only one that adds value is a genuine Michael Harris  signature done by the man himself.

As Sue says "You do have rather a spectacular and desirable bit of Mdina, one of the really good early and scarce bits."

So yes it has value and will find its level at auction if correctly described. You will not get a valuation here because values are too subjective

Offline michael hill

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass
    • uk
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 09:36:05 AM »
that's great christine,  many thanks,  mick.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand