No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bollicine/ pulegoso type vase with applied red handles - ID sought  (Read 163 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Mosquito

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 1016
  • Gender: Male
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
I recently bought this interesting vase. The body is in a bubbled glass -- the bubbles are a bit finer than on my SVDA pulegoso vase, so I guess this would be described as a bollicine?

It stands about 10 inches (25 cm) tall, and has two applied handles in red glass. The handles have a twisted design and show a distinct yellower band where they meet the body at the lower end (maybe due to a cooling or heating effect if the red is selenium based).

At the moment I'm completely stumped as to maker as I haven't found anything quite similar. My best guess is that it's an older Murano piece, but similar bubbled glass has been made elsewhere (e.g. CMS Krasno). Therefore if anyone has any ideas as to origin, I'd be very grateful to hear them.

The photos are from the listing and are used with permission by ebay user mik_kell.

I'm travelling at the moment, so haven't had any chance to take my own pics, but I'll try to update with a pic of the base as soon as I can.


Steven  :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via


SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Look for glass on
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Look for glass on (us)
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand