No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Purple marbled folded foot gold leaf vase thought's.  (Read 770 times)

Offline brucebanner

• Members
    • Victorian glass
    • United Kingdom
Purple marbled folded foot gold leaf vase thought's.
« on: January 09, 2018, 03:15:45 PM »
Another piece to add to my weird glass collection, i'm thinking it could be late Victorian Italian with an upwards folded foot which has and years of dirt in the crease, i can not find anything like it though.

Reminds me of the pressed purple marbled glass, it measures 7 inches in height with a rim diameter of 9 inches and the pontil is rough.

Regards Chris.
Chris Parry

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Purple marbled folded foot gold leaf vase thought's.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 03:54:10 PM »
Hello Chris, that wouldn't be from Paul would it ? only I saw something very similar at their stall at Malvern last Sunday, I picked it up and considered buying it but had a piece of RB studio instead  ::) ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline brucebanner

• Members
    • Victorian glass
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 04:42:04 PM »
Yes he picked it up from another stall as they were unpacking mainly vic and Georgian glass I was next to him, he had a big wicker basket shoving it all in, I could have got it for a fiver instead of 25, just luck of the draw.

Found some cracking stuff about 12 things including the bottle I have put on here which looks very similar to the George Washington nailsea flask.
Chris Parry

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 07:39:50 PM »
Thought it was familiar  ;D picked up a paperweight and 4 pieces of Royal Brierley Studio so I was happy !

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand