No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Czech round, red vase ..please, help id,and another one-Vladimir Mika?  (Read 2602 times)

Offline TatyanA

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Uzbekistan.Tashkent
Sorry, the photo is not very good. It's heavy, more than 1.5 kg, height about 16 cm. I'm very grateful for the help
and another one-Vladimir Mika?

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Czech round, red vase ..please, help id,and another one-Vladimir Mika?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 07:58:38 PM »
Hi TatyanA, welcome to the Board.

I am not able to ID these items but a google search does show a lot that are very similar and stated to be by him. Also there is another message on this board with what looks like a very close match to the last item in your photos. See: Vladimir Mika vase for Moser

Hopefully somebody will be able to confirm the ID, but it could take a while as the people who know may not look at the Board very frequently.
KevinH

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 08:57:01 PM »
Hi, I did not see these... definitely Mika for Karlovarske Sklo/ Moser for the second one, a search of this site will reveal more information for you Tatyana. Welcome to the board. Your first red vase, does it have a flat polished base? Do you know it is definitely Czech? It is a nice vase but maybe better photographs could help us, as handmade blown vases can be idenitifed on very small details, like a photo of the base and other photos.... good luck with your collecting, if this subject is recent for you, you are doing very well starting with a Mika vase, most collectors of Czech glass admire those! A good find,

Robert (bOBA)

Offline TatyanA

• Members
    • Uzbekistan.Tashkent
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 09:56:39 AM »
KevinH, bOBA,thank you very much for answering, and thanks for the warm welcome.
about the red vase ...These two my vases - red, and the other is identified as V.Mika, they were  bought about 15-20 years ago, as you know, Uzbekistan is a country that was part of the USSR, and here they sold a lot of products from Czech glass and crystal. These two vases were bought   from a collector of Czech glass, without any identification marks. Of course, I can not 100 percent sure that this is a Czech glass, but for 50 years of my life, I had in my hands a lot of items made by Czech masters, and therefore I rely only on on my sensations and intuition. And this red vase for me is  a great mystery,I have never met such as this one . I tried to make other photos, maybe they'll be more informative

Offline TatyanA

• Members
    • Uzbekistan.Tashkent
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 10:00:13 AM »
And yet, the base and throat.The base is
mat(or frosted?I do not know which definition is correct  :-[), polished, has clear edges

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 02:35:35 PM »
I had not realised there were two vases shown, and got in a real tangle trying to map the images onto each other!
It's a relief to know that they're not supposed to, now. ;D
Welcome to the board!

Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 10:09:49 AM »
Great pictures! I recognise a lot of Czech glass from post 1940 and do not recognise this piece, Russia and the Ukraine produced some  hotworked glass and the orange colour made me think maybe that direction. Do try to post on facebook pages like Sklo or Art Glass and maybe you will get some help there.....

Robert (bOBA)

Offline TatyanA

• Members
    • Uzbekistan.Tashkent
I am very sorry .bOBA,  that I say my 1000 thank you after so much time. I am very impressed with your knowledge of Czech glass !!! I made a request for forums of Russian and Ukrainian glass in Russia, but so far this vase has not been accurately attributed.I think it's a matter of time.

Offline bOBA

• Members
Thanks, no problem. You could join the facebook Skrdlovice Group and post it there, as there are some knowledgeable members...

Sometimes it takes months/ years to identify pieces, it is a part of collecting. Your orange piece is highly distinctive and handmade, I agree you will get the ID.

good luck!

Robert (bOBA)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand