No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: I'm trying to identify a 9.5" Crystal Duck  (Read 1385 times)

Offline therage

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • buy & sell collectables
    • Duluth, GA
Re: I'm trying to identify a 9.5" Crystal Duck
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 12:03:27 PM »
Deco as in style of design (I know it's an abused term). I searched for 'Scandinavian crystal duck' and this was the in the results: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Folke-Walving-Signed-Art-Glass-Crystal-Duck-Paperweight-Vintage-Scandinavian-/181584578295

Pretty close wouldn't you say?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline therage

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • buy & sell collectables
    • Duluth, GA
Re: I'm trying to identify a 9.5" Crystal Duck
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 01:15:00 PM »
I went back over the piece with a magnifying glass to verify no signature; and no signature (except for my grubby fingerprints).

Trying 'goose' in my searches and getting more of the flatter bill rather than pointed. Searching for 'scandinavian crystal goose paperweight' I'm getting some similar shapes, but they're all much smaller. The search words, 'bird, duck, goose' are being used simultaneously in titles (and tags) so I'm getting similar results regardless (but again, more of the flatter bill with the word 'goose').

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand