No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Chance or not ?  (Read 2335 times)

Offline keith

• Members
Chance or not ?
« on: February 23, 2018, 02:25:08 PM »
Set of three famous sailing ships, not in David's books so did I do well or not  ::) ;D ;D

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
Re: Chance or not ?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 11:40:36 AM »
It would be impossible for me to list every single promotional tray simply because there are thousands of them.

Chance would produce these trays to order, for a minimum quantity of 250, meaning many villages, towns, churches, museums, institutions, etc. would have trays custom-made. On top of this, there was also Webbs and Duro-Ray that made almost identical trays to order. So my books concentrated on just a few notable ones. These promotional trays are invariably a single colour, hence cheaper and more commonly found as promotional trays.

The pictorial trays (not promotional trays) listed in my book are known to have been made by Chance, for its own purposes, and these are invariably in colour.
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 01:20:00 PM »
Thanks David, worth what little I paid  ;D

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 02:25:46 PM »
very nice Keith ;D  -  but you've not completed the task on this thread  -  you said 'famous', so what is the name of this famous ship - and do the others have names? ;D ;D

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 03:58:59 PM »
Please excuse the lapse,  ::) ;D ;D The others are 'The Cutty Sark', 'HMS Victory' and the one shown just says...'National Maritime Museum 90- gun ship 1675, sorry Paul, won't happen again !  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 04:11:22 PM »
Keith - I wasn't being serious  ;)            I've been on the C/Sark and the Victory, so perhaps there's a chance I'll see the other one ;D

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 05:32:30 PM »
 ;D ;D Closest I've been to a famous ship was our old school barge, the 'Bumble bee'  ::)

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 03:51:04 PM »
Keith I have a tray with a church that is very local to me, your welcome to it if its of any use . I can add a picture . It would seem to date to 1978.

Roy

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 05:20:49 PM »
Yes please Roy  ;D ;D

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 06:00:41 PM »
Hi Keith

Picture of the tray which is a church about 1 mile outside of Horsham West Sussex.

Roy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand