No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Correction: Waltraud Neuwirth "Bimini Art Deco"  (Read 6033 times)

Offline Coupsdestylo

• Members
    • United Kingdom
Correction: Waltraud Neuwirth "Bimini Art Deco"
« on: February 27, 2018, 12:17:20 PM »
Waltraud Neuwirth pages 80 & 81 back of the photo, the gentleman in a white coat is a master glassblower and an autodidact. He's not a packer he's the teacher. 

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Bimini Glass
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 02:22:04 PM »
which book is this correction for please Coup?

Offline Coupsdestylo

• Members
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 02:30:06 PM »
Hi it's Waltraud Neuwirth Bimini Art Deco 1992

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 02:36:22 PM »
Thank you Coup.  That is good to know.

I have two of Walthraud Neuwirth's books and they are truly absolutely excellent -
Farbenglas 1 (a present from Michael on this board, and which was such a good book I had to search to get Farbenglas 11 from Germany)
and
Farbenglas II

I love them and refer to them frequently and always refer to them if I have a query about Bohemian glass or particularly 19th century glass (although later glass is included as well).
I am interested in the development of colour in glass and they are indispensable for the incredible information they contain.

m

Offline Coupsdestylo

• Members
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 02:43:23 PM »
The colours of glass looks like great books, I sort of prefer the fadenglas to the farbenglas but thats just for personal collecting :-)
Were yours just as expensive or did I pay over the odds at £50?

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 03:03:58 PM »
no I think mine was a similar amount for the Farbenglas II ( Farbenglas I was a much treasured present and once I'd read it I needed to have Farbenglas II :)  )
They cover different colours in glass and I needed Farbenglas II to complete the information.  F II also has the index in it for both books iirc- it's about 400 pages for F II  plus 280 pages for F I )

They are absolutely superb reference sources.

m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand