No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Talking about Odd bits of Glass!  (Read 116 times)

Offline ardy

• Members
Talking about Odd bits of Glass!
« on: March 02, 2018, 01:19:22 AM »
I bought this only because nobody on ebay wanted it and it was so cheap for something of this quality (why do they buy Chinese?).

I have it in my main display area because I like it so much. This and the bullicante thread below are the 2 odd balls in my A.S. display.

It has a channel up the front leading to the spout but this is definitely a vase in my house.

37 cm (14.5") tall, 20cm (8") wide and weighs 2.6kg (5 Ibs 11oz)

P.S. It also reminded me of A.S. Nastro Rachiamato vases that are beyond my reach.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland
Re: Talking about Odd bits of Glass!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 12:23:48 PM »
It really has a personality, doesn't it? Wonderful work too.
Well done. And more fool those that didn't recognise it's quality. ;D
Cheers, Sue (M)
"The really smart people know enough to know that there's too much that they don't know for them to be arrogant about the little they do know."
Prof. Ron Davis OMF

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 10:41:08 PM »
Sue, it is not everyones taste but it grabbed me.  Yesterday I was looking at the top ebay bids on 'collectors weekly' and 5 of the top 7 were cheap copies, mostly of faces, of which there are hundreds out there.They look Chinese to me.

I do feel sorry for people who pay 4-500 dollars on a piece of rubbish that is worth 30 bucks at best.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 12:09:29 PM »
There's a learning curve for everybody. And far too many unscrupulous folk around. :'(
Cheers, Sue (M)
"The really smart people know enough to know that there's too much that they don't know for them to be arrogant about the little they do know."
Prof. Ron Davis OMF

Look for glass on
ebay.co.uk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Look for glass on
ebay.com (us)
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand