No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Davidson Hobnail suite comport and a Brockwitz Hammonia (Regal Cane) Sugar  (Read 4520 times)

Offline thewingedsphinx

• Members
    • Victorian pressed glass
    • United Kingdom
For reference more than anything else. Here is a Davidson Hobnail Suite small comport from 1885 and a Brockwitz Hammonia Sugar 1905 ish, both from my box of surplus. I thought they were both Davidson to begin with as the Hobnail pattern seems the same. I started to investigate and noticed the colours were not the same and the Brockwitz base does not have a pattern and luckily found the reference on the Carnival glass worldwide website for Brockwitz, it seems other manufacturers also used the same pattern.
Can anyone advise if the Brockwitz sugar is pressed Glass and is it rare? Just wondering as I have a pair.
Thanks

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
pressed glass Mike, as opposed to what, cut glass? :)             There is a practise on the GMB that if Pamela's Brockwitz collection doesn't include a particular item, and you have that piece, then we normally send the item, free of charge, to Pamela for her collection. ;) ;)

Quoting from Raymond Notley, he says  .............. "Imitation cut glass was a constant offering of pressed-glass production from the 1830s and remains with us today."       A long time back I had some pressed amber and blue imitation of cut hobnail plates, and very attractive they were.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline thewingedsphinx

• Members
    • Victorian pressed glass
    • United Kingdom
Hi,
I have listed both these items on eBay for the price we paid for them 25+ years ago. I hope that  appeals to someone. A bargain.
You should be able to find a link from the "market place"
Cheers Mike

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand