No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Really odd looking Julia Linstead vase/bottle  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Really odd looking Julia Linstead vase/bottle
« on: April 12, 2018, 02:58:37 AM »
Not even sure what it is, stopper comes off at the top. 9.5 inches high. Maybe one of her earlier pieces?
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Really odd looking Julia Linstead vase/bottle
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 02:05:57 PM »
 ??? Is Julia Linstead not an engraver, rather than a glassmaker?
I'm used to seeing her work on beautiful coloured blanks made by Jane Charles.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 07:32:11 AM »
Says here... https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:7oX_4W3pkF0J:https://coldstream.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/julia-linstead-glass-17148192.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Julia Linstead crafts her vibrant, hand blown bowls in 24%lead crystal. Each bowl is etched with an original and intricate design drawn from patterns inspired by nature. Based in the Scottish Borders.

From her website...
We regularly stock the beautiful hand blown work of Jane Charles and Sanders & Wallace.
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 12:10:35 PM »
I do see her work in the Strathearn Gallery in Crieff, it is all engraved and on Jane Charles blanks, now.
The image of the yellow bowl looks like a Jane Charles blank I've seen Julia's work on.

So I don't know if Julia made glass herself earlier on or not, and the wording on the site is a little vague.
But your perfume bottle (?) does look as if it could easily be something she made early on, if she did. :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand