No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Thought this was late Chribska, but wondering if it might instead be Skrdlovice?  (Read 2614 times)

Offline zedsi

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • UK
I bought this thinking it was 1980s Chribska - I have several other pieces this colour, with the same inclusions, that are clearly shown in the 1999 Chribska catalogue.  But ... this does not appear in the catalogue, and the one tall vase in the Chribska series has a top rim, and a foot.  So ... I'm wondering if it might be Ladislav Palacek for Skrdlovice?  The only similar piece I've seen by him is, however, green and brown, so not sure?  It's about 30cm tall and very, very heavy.

Any ideas very gratefully received :)

Zoe

Offline fontanazul

• Members
  • Kristal-Poesie
    • Czech sklo
    • Málaga - Spain
Palecek - Skrdlovice > 1980´s
Daniel Muriel . [Kristal Poesie]

Offline zedsi

• Members
    • UK
That's interesting ...

Having looked again at the Skrdlovice pattern books, there is a 1983 design by Palecek (8318/34) which is pink with spiral mica patterns, but the top is shown as colourless in the drawing (not pink).  As the others in the series are amber/green it suggests the colour change might be typical of this design.  Not like mine.  No dimensions in the pattern book, so there's no clue there ... 

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Hi zedsi,

As fontanazul has mentioned, your beautiful vase is indeed Skrdlovice, designed by Ladislav Palecek in 1983 as pattern number 8318. The numer which comes after the slash (in this case, 8318/30) is the size in cm.

It was produced for a number of years in a variety of colors, including brown, green (or a combination of both), blue, and pink (among other combinations).  You can see more on the Beranek sro website on page 5 in 'vases': http://www.refinex.cz/bg/catalogue/default.aspx?lang=EN

Anik

Offline zedsi

• Members
    • UK
Thanks very much Anik - that's really helpful, especially the link :)  It is a lovely vase and I'm pleased it can be identified.  It still sits well with my Chribska pieces!

Offline zedsi

• Members
    • UK
My latest acquisition - which I would probably have bought thinking it was Chribska - but thanks to Anik I now know that it's another 8318 Palecek item - and a perfect match for my existing vase  :) :) :)

Thank you again Anik for your generous sharing of information on Skrdlovice, much appreciated!

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Oooooooo, that's a lovely bowl.  Now you've got a fabulous set  :)
Great find, zedsi.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand