No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: sculptural clear glass candle holders  (Read 895 times)

Offline ripgibson

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States
sculptural clear glass candle holders
« on: April 16, 2018, 03:15:28 PM »
I've just been made aware of this forum and currently at a loss to identify a couple of good looking pieces of glass.  Thank you all for reading this and examining my pics.  There are a total of five in my collection.  I have posted photos of 4 and have kept the pixel size quite small.  I am happy to post more pics if they would be helpful but I defer to guidance being completely new here.  Thank you all again.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: sculptural clear glass candle holders
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 07:07:56 PM »
Hi ripgibson, welcome to the GMB.

A few points ...

It seems to me that all of the items are very likely from the same country / maker. But if they are from different sources, then we would prefer separate threads for each.

It would be better if you could provide images that are vertical - are you able to rotate the photos? As a moderator, I could do that for you if you wished.

One item per photo would avoid confusions in some of the images.

A question I have about the images is whether the yellow / straw tint (that I see on my screen) is part of the item or is it an effect of the lighting? In other words, are the items made in clear glass or does it have a tint.

Larger images would be better for viewing the detail and you are allowed up to 125Kb (124Kb for safety) for each of the four images in a post. Resizing to around 600 or 700 pixels for the longest size will usually produce an image of an allowable Kb size. But if you try to do this and have trouble, just add a post asking for help and we will assist.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline ripgibson

• Members
    • United States
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 12:06:47 AM »
Thank you for your feedback Kevin - I purchased the five together at an antique shop.  I assume they originated together although that is just an assumption.  They are completely clear.  I will attach larger photos here and hope they do not turn on the side again.  I'm having difficulties uploading images as the site tells me they are too big although some attempts have been well below 125kb.  I think I may need some help.  Please do turn the pics I posted before to be upright when you have time.  I appreciate it.  I will try again to upload larger images.

Thanks again

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline ripgibson

• Members
    • United States
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 12:09:23 AM »
Here are three more.. hoping they go through

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia