No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Upgrading my Collection - ER! NO....  (Read 129 times)

Offline ardy

• Members
Upgrading my Collection - ER! NO....
« on: May 28, 2018, 07:05:04 AM »
I sold my house and moved into a new one and have a couple of shekels left over so I thought I would upgrade my collection.

I was really looking forward to it but so far it has been an abysmal failure. There are very few good bits of A.Seguso (only one I collect) out there and lots of the basic stuff. So here I am looking at the internet and hoping to stumble on a good piece and nothing, nada, zilch!

THere is a serious piece on ebay, nastro richiamato vase but when you read the description there are several issues with it and at a price beyond my pocket and close to full price (IMBook).

So far in 8 months I have bought a couple of lesser pieces and sold nothing of my collection.

Anyone else hit this problem or am I the only one with a hole in their pocket?
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline BDG55

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • murano
    • USA
Re: Upgrading my Collection - ER! NO....
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 04:05:38 PM »
Ardy... I don't know what you collect from Seguso, but I'm going to be listing 14 pieces of Seguso on eBay... a mixture of birds and Jack-in-the-pulpits - seven pieces of each.  It's still going to take me another week or so to have everything photographed and listed, but if you'd like some pics prior to my listing them, let me know.  bdg55@verizon.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Look for glass on
ebay.co.uk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Look for glass on
ebay.com (us)
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand