No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: P8 ?  (Read 1952 times)

Offline The Glass Staircase

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Scotland
P8 ?
« on: July 16, 2018, 02:24:43 PM »
Hi all,

I bought this weight last week with some other Strathearn and Perthshire paperweights and when I glanced at it I assumed it was a Strathearn P8 but it wan't til I got home I noticed the radial twists stop at an outer concentric row which I think is unusual. Also the base is finished a way I've never seen before. It looks like it could've been attached to something (possibly a door knob or bar ware?) that being said there is substantial wear to base so it has been sitting as a weight for a number of years.

It measures 5.8 cm diameter / 4 cm high

Any input greatly received as always,

Adam

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: P8 ?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 06:21:53 PM »
Too large for barware, but right size for a doorknob.

As for the radial twists not reaching the outer edge, I think that's just a variation in the general layout of the canes. I don't know for certain but I think the Strathearn P8 designation was for the the size of the millefiori weight raher than its particular cane layout.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline The Glass Staircase

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Scotland
Re: P8 ?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 07:29:54 AM »
Great, thanks for the clarification Kevin :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand