No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Whitefriars William Butler bowl?  (Read 815 times)

Offline fatbelly

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Nice things
    • Uk
Whitefriars William Butler bowl?
« on: July 20, 2018, 12:33:06 PM »
Hello.
I purchased this described as being Hartley Wood which I knew it wasn’t as I have a large collection of said.I was thinking it may be a bowl by William Butler for whitefriars.
Would someone a little more knowledgeable let me know their opinion.
Measures 8”w x 6” h with nicely polished pontil(Hartley wood would have a snapped pontil)Rings like a bell.Colours are blue with a swirly almost limey green tinging on yellow in places.
All thoughts much appreciated.
FB

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline LEGSY

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Antiques
    • North Wales
Re: Whitefriars William Butler bowl?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 02:30:42 PM »
Hi i would agree it looks Whitefriars and looks like the owner loved the bowl judging by all the movement scratches underneath i have not seen one of these bowls before in this streaky color i think it is called? Lovely thing! :D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand