No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID please - nice flowers  (Read 6108 times)

Offline Leni

• Members
ID please - nice flowers
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2006, 07:09:27 PM »
Quote from: "glasstrufflehunter"
an inexpensive Glass Eye studios weight fell and hit my Daniel Salazar golden rose weight.

:x  :x  :x  :cry:

You have my deepest sympathy!  :(
Leni

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline wrightoutlook

• Members
ugh
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 11:34:00 AM »
Quote from: "josordoni"
I had viewed a load of lovely paperweights at auction recently, and one box had around 20 Streathearn and Perthshire millefioris plus some signed weights. Lovely. So when I got to the auction to bid, I found that the porter had accidentally dropped the entire box.  About three quarters had deep dings and bullseyes.

That really hurts!!! What'd the guy expect them to do, bounce?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
Re: ugh
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2006, 12:14:45 PM »
Quote from: "wrightoutlook"
Quote from: "josordoni"
I had viewed a load of lovely paperweights at auction recently, and one box had around 20 Streathearn and Perthshire millefioris plus some signed weights. Lovely. So when I got to the auction to bid, I found that the porter had accidentally dropped the entire box.  About three quarters had deep dings and bullseyes.

That really hurts!!! What'd the guy expect them to do, bounce?

I had said when I went to view that there were too many weights in each box, and the porter at the counter (not the one who dropped them!) had said that he would try to sort them into bigger boxes.  But he obviously didn't have time or boxes available as they were all jumbled up in the same boxes at the auction proper.  Even the dropped box went for nearly £200... too rich for me.
Thank you very much!

Lynne
x
Josordoni Collectables - eBay Store

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline wrightoutlook

• Members
alas
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2006, 12:54:24 PM »
You should have taken matters into your own hands.  :wink: The entire episode just boggles the mind. So sad. Just imagining it hurts.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand