No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: John Ditchfield ? face wall plaque  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Sheilaglass

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • 20c glass
    • UK
John Ditchfield ? face wall plaque
« on: August 05, 2018, 01:30:04 PM »
Hi
Please can anyone help me identify this glass face wall plaque? Although unmarked, it looks and measures (3.5” x 2.25” at widest) exactly the same as John Ditchfield’s face paperweights, but has an internal hole leading from a groove on the back to enable it to be hung on the wall. It is clear glass with an iridescent sheen, which doesn’t show well in my photos. The final photo (810 4) shows the reverse.
Can anyone confirm if these Ditchfield face paperweights were ever made as wall plaques, even as a trial?
I’d be grateful for any help.
Best wishes
Sheila

Offline Sheilaglass

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • 20c glass
    • UK
John Ditchfield ? face wall plaque - SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 01:09:10 PM »
SOLVED - DITCHFIELD PLAQUE
Hi to anyone who tried to help me on this!

I eventually hit upon the idea of approaching Glasform (John Ditchfield's company) direct, and received a reply from Karen Ditchfield to say that the head wall plaque was definitely made by them.
Apparently very few of the paperweights had the drilled-out hole to hang, and she knew of one other that had been in the stock room, and imagined mine had been sold from there. However, as they were never sold online, and she could not remember ever having sold one, she told me that not many were made and so it's rare.
This is good news for me as I only paid £10 for it.

Thanks anyway to those who looked - I thought you'd like to know and the topic can be closed.
Best wishes
Sheila.

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: John Ditchfield ? face wall plaque
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 10:18:42 PM »
Good to hear that an excellent resolution to the query has been received from the company.

... and the topic can be closed.
Just having a topic available for reference by a search engine can be of considerabel help to many people. And keeping topics open can attract other responses, sometimes years later, which can be useful.
KevinH

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: John Ditchfield ? face wall plaque
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 12:14:33 AM »
Just like the Windmill Theatre, we never close! :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand