No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Riihimaki ? glass bottle vase - Nanny Stil - ID = Erkkitapio Siiroinen  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Sheilaglass

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • 20c glass
    • UK
Hi
Please can anyone help me identify this vase? I think it is Riihimaki.
I bought it a flea market in Germany. It has an almost identical bottle neck to Nanny Stil’s Polaris and Grapponia vases, and is the same blue as the Polaris vase I have, but I can’t track it down. It measures 17 cm high x 13 cm wide x 5 cm deep, tapering to 1cm deep at the sides. The main surface is covered in small raised dots, although the neck, top, base and flower decorations are smooth..
I’d be grateful for any help.
Best wishes
Sheila

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Riihimaki ? glass bottle vase - Nanny Stil?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 01:53:16 PM »
It is Riihimaki, a Paukkurauta whisky decanter designed by Erkkitapio Siiroinen:

http://www.designlasi.com/en/content/paukkurauta-whisky-decanter-1729-siiroinen-erkkitapio-en

John

Offline Sheilaglass

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • 20c glass
    • UK
Re: Riihimaki ? glass bottle vase - Nanny Stil?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 05:00:58 PM »
Hi John

Thanks so much for this information. It's a good feeling to have a hunch bear fruit. I paid very little for the vase - decanter, so am chuffed to bits, although I like it anyway.

It's good to learn new things and have kind members of the message board such as you send me links.

Thanks again.
Best wishes
Sheila

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand