No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Loetz?Kralik?Palme Konig? Large Trailed Console Bowl...?  (Read 1996 times)

Offline LEGSY

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Antiques
    • North Wales
Loetz?Kralik?Palme Konig? Large Trailed Console Bowl...?
« on: August 08, 2018, 06:49:57 PM »
Purchased a large piece of art glass today and been trying to pin down a maker i realize it is a bit difficult sometimes with this kind of trail pattern as many firm's have done similar work and as i am no expert in this sort of thing thought i would see if anybody can see something i can not, Quite a large piece at 91/4" wide seems to be Amethyst glass with lovely iridescence like petrol although not best seen on my pictures and then quite subtle trail's seems good quality the base pontil scar has been finished well.Thank you for looking.
Nearly forgot 8 turn's on the rim

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Loetz?Kralik?Palme Konig? Large Trailed Console Bowl...?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 07:55:16 PM »
Maybe referred to as 'Kralik Silver Thread' ?

http://www.kralik-glass.com/kralik-images/silverthread/kst12.jpg
One example there I think on the link, but there are plenty on the Kralik-Glass .com website.

m

Offline LEGSY

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Antiques
    • North Wales
Re: Loetz?Kralik?Palme Konig? Large Trailed Console Bowl...?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 10:57:27 PM »
 :)
Thank you very much for your reply to all intense purpose's perfect attribution i have sent an email to the website you mentioned to see if he would like a picture for the Kralik website hopefully he will i think it will be case closed then, Cant say why i did not spot the exact pattern as i am sure i looked through them myself maybe a different site. ::)
Thank you great site 8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand