No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: warning  (Read 6584 times)

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
warning
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 07:28:36 AM »
:(  Unbelievable.  Someone to avoid in future!
I am not a man

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline THX1138

• Members
negs
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 01:21:54 PM »
One of his 2 negatives (and it is a guy) indicates that he failed to pay for one item as a Buyer. The more important other neg as a Seller indicates he did not describe an item accurately. I emailed him and he threatened to report me to eBay. Yawn. Claimed others were harassing him, too.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline RAY

• Members
warning
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 02:14:36 PM »
but he buy's them off ebay and put's them back on, when i sold mine i described it as a strathearn/vasart due to it could be one or the other date wise, he put it back on as perthshire , then changed it back to strathearn, but he bought this one and he's done the same  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20&item=220004852462
cheers Ray

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
warning
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 02:56:57 PM »
Risky way of doing business, particularly as he has not a clue how to take a picture! Most of the people that do that buy from useless sellers like this one and put up a glitzy display to sell for a profit.

Offline THX1138

• Members
just let the guy know
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2006, 03:28:14 PM »
For Glass Message Board members who don't want to mess around with their eBay IDs, you can simply email the Seller of this item directly from any email you choose and let your feelings be known.

The Seller's email address is: removed see posting guidelines

:wink:

Offline Glass Message Board

• Committee
  • Members
    • Glass Message Board
warning
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2006, 04:47:23 PM »
email address removed re Board policy:

d. If you are praising or recommending an individual for any reason, you may include their name and contact details. However, it is essential that you clear this with the individual concerned in advance, if you wish to include information such as personal phone numbers, email addresses etc.
e. No offer to e-mail names, ID’s etc. of dubious sellers/buyers (i.e a “black list”) will be allowed on the Message Board.
This is an official message by the Glass Message Board Committee.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
warning
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2006, 04:50:49 PM »
Quote from: "eBay seller"
This was a geniune mistake as I did not see any pin mark on paperweight until I looked through magnifying glass - I was unaware this was there when I bought it (truth) as I only looked at the small listing picture - I am still learning about ebay and do apologise for any inconvenience caused hence the reason I changed the listing details - we all learn by our mistakes - thank you for advising me. I am not at all perturbed about your remark as I do not want to become a collector any longer as it seems to go to peoples heads as they take collecting very seriously - I love my little paperweight and will be only too glad to keep it in my possession if it does not sell - hope you receive a medal for blacklisting me - I am honest and understanding and take other peoples views on board without becoming nasty to others over a geniune error - we are not all perfect we all have imperfections  - had I known this item had a pin mark I would have described it on my listing it was only when you advised me re-email I then altered listing details.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
warning
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2006, 04:53:54 PM »
Just a thought Ray, you said in your auction:

in excellent condition apart from one small bulls eye as in the photo, it measures 2.25" across and 1.5" high, the base is fire polished

There was a cafe discussion not so long ago complaining about sellers saying excellent condition followed by details of damage :lol: Obviously some people only read the first two lines of a description.

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
warning
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2006, 05:04:44 PM »
Quote from: "Frank"
Obviously some people only read the first two lines of a description.

If that.

I had been putting the gallery pictures underneath the titles, but above the detailed description, but I found people only got as far as the pictures and then stopped, I presume they must have thought the titles were the entire description.

I've moved the pics to the very top now, and hope that SOME people may read a little further on.

And yes, I agree regarding excellent. In fact I have virtually stopped using excellent and tend to say Very Good as my utmost superlative.

The one that gets me is Mint.  It can't be mint AND second hand.  It can be very good without damage or wear, but mint implies it has never been handled at all.
Thank you very much!

Lynne
x
Josordoni Collectables - eBay Store

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
warning
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2006, 05:22:07 PM »
I quite like things along the lines of genuine 1970s brand new in box! :lol: Unused maybe

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand