No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Barovier & Toso Cordonato d' Oro Zebrati  (Read 3445 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Barovier & Toso Cordonato d' Oro Zebrati
« on: October 01, 2018, 03:29:41 PM »
Hi gang - Long time no see.  Blame it on me !!  LOL.  Still getting glass pieces though.  I got from an Auction House. I was pretty sure I knew what this was. I never Go to the auction - I only put in 'silent bid' as to what I am willing to spend. Either I get something, or I do not. I never even knew the size of it, but was thinking and hoping it was about 10 inches tall ....... which it is. I believe this decor is called Cordonato D' Oro Zebrati made by Barovier & Toso and designed by Ercole Barovier. It is from around the 1950's. Cordonato D' Oro refers to the cords of gold the run vertically on glass. Bavovier's Zebrati (stripes) technique uses a thin filament that spirals from the bottom to the top.........THEN When used with Cordonato D' Oro, it gives a diagonal ribbed appearance. So I am pretty sure this is what it is, as I have admired these pieces for a while. If I am incorrect, please let me know.....or if you have any other info. I think these pieces can demand some $$$ coin. In Perfect condition. So a very good day here for some Glass pieces I got way up here. Surprizes me.  Thanks for looking !
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Barovier & Toso Cordonato d' Oro Zebrati
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 07:16:28 PM »
Lovely Rose

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 12:44:14 AM »
Gorgeous Rose, I will post a large lamp I bought a couple of months ago in the same style.

Not trying to steal your thunder.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline Rhinofly

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Northern California
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 12:10:07 AM »
Hi. That is a nice Coronato Oro vase. But Zebrati and Coronato Oro are different. Compare page 153 of The Art of the Barovier for a Coronato vase in the same color as yours, with page 79 in Heiremans' book 20th Century Murano glass for a classic Zebrati vase (I have a Zebrati bowl here in front of me now). They really are quite different.

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 12:44:56 AM »
Hi Rose, attached is my B & T cordonato d'oro lamp I promised to post. It stands 37cm (14 1/2") just the glass ex fitting.

I am as you know an Archimede man but when I saw this I knew exactly where it would sit, in the entrance foyer to my house. It looks like it has always been there!
Archimede tops my list.

Offline catshome

• Members
    • Most glass and studio pottery
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 01:10:34 AM »
Wow....... That lamp is stunning!
Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 11:35:42 PM »
Thanks Catshome. I hope Rose doesn't think I am trying to outdo her lovely vase.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline catshome

• Members
    • Most glass and studio pottery
    • UK
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 03:30:45 PM »
They are both lovely ........ I just love turquoise glass!  Cat
Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand