Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Murano & Italy Glass

Barovier & Toso Cordonato d' Oro Zebrati

(1/2) > >>

antiquerose123:
Hi gang - Long time no see.  Blame it on me !!  LOL.  Still getting glass pieces though.  I got from an Auction House. I was pretty sure I knew what this was. I never Go to the auction - I only put in 'silent bid' as to what I am willing to spend. Either I get something, or I do not. I never even knew the size of it, but was thinking and hoping it was about 10 inches tall ....... which it is. I believe this decor is called Cordonato D' Oro Zebrati made by Barovier & Toso and designed by Ercole Barovier. It is from around the 1950's. Cordonato D' Oro refers to the cords of gold the run vertically on glass. Bavovier's Zebrati (stripes) technique uses a thin filament that spirals from the bottom to the top.........THEN When used with Cordonato D' Oro, it gives a diagonal ribbed appearance. So I am pretty sure this is what it is, as I have admired these pieces for a while. If I am incorrect, please let me know.....or if you have any other info. I think these pieces can demand some $$$ coin. In Perfect condition. So a very good day here for some Glass pieces I got way up here. Surprizes me.  Thanks for looking !

Lustrousstone:
Lovely Rose

ardy:
Gorgeous Rose, I will post a large lamp I bought a couple of months ago in the same style.

Not trying to steal your thunder.

Rhinofly:
Hi. That is a nice Coronato Oro vase. But Zebrati and Coronato Oro are different. Compare page 153 of The Art of the Barovier for a Coronato vase in the same color as yours, with page 79 in Heiremans' book 20th Century Murano glass for a classic Zebrati vase (I have a Zebrati bowl here in front of me now). They really are quite different.

ardy:
Hi Rose, attached is my B & T cordonato d'oro lamp I promised to post. It stands 37cm (14 1/2") just the glass ex fitting.

I am as you know an Archimede man but when I saw this I knew exactly where it would sit, in the entrance foyer to my house. It looks like it has always been there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version