No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Funky Frosted Footed Vase  (Read 7034 times)

Offline horochar

• Members
Funky Frosted Footed Vase
« on: August 12, 2006, 09:02:05 AM »
This vase has me completely stumped.  Interesting technique, combined frosted and translucent.  It's rather large and made from heavy glass.  Appears to be factory and not studio glass.  Two siblings may be seen for comparison on eBay, completed auction numbers 140015561526 and 140015965392.
Thanks,
Charles.
http://i7.tinypic.com/24eaquo.jpg
http://i7.tinypic.com/24ear0j.jpg

Offline Hotglass

• Members
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 02:30:33 PM »
Poss Sasaki, Japan 1950's 60's
Those not "frosted" (ie externally by sand blasting or acid etching for example) but this one doesn't look as tho it is either.

Offline horochar

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 03:37:09 PM »
Thanks.  Modern Japanese glass does not seem to have much of a market, I think because it is so derivative and often (not always) low quality.  This piece, though, is an original, reminding me of nothing I've seen before.  I'm curious about technique.  I'm not sure how it was made, but the frosted/satin effect is everywhere (including bottom) except the clear panels.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: Funky Frosted Footed Vase
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 08:15:24 PM »
pics gone

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia