No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: White cased cut-to-clear glass marked Minton. They made glass? When?  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: White cased cut-to-clear glass marked Minton. They made glass? When?
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2018, 07:25:54 PM »
There is a view of the MINTON stamp on these flutes - does it match yours?  https://picclick.co.uk/Two-Minton-Fine-Lead-Crystal-Champagne-Flutes-Glasses-163242522739.html  They are marked Made in Austria on the label.  If the stamp matches then you'll know yours was made for Minton, even if you don't know which glassmakers made it.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline MaterialSpirit

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Minton glass
    • United States
Re: White cased cut-to-clear glass marked Minton. They made glass? When?
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2018, 07:57:43 PM »
You are brilliant. Thanks so much for helping me track this down. But here is the answer: My glasses don't have a stamp per se -- no logo, and no coloring, and no sticker. Only the letters MINTON spelled out in all caps -- very tiny, etched into the bottom of the glass. But YES it is the same font in the name -- so matches in that regard. -----

WAIT: I just looked at the photo at your link again. If you notice, on the back side of the base of the stem -- opposite side of the blue sticker -- you can see that it does have the word MINTON etched into the bottom, and that is *exactly* the same as mine. Wow. Thank you all so much for helping me to figure this out. This has been fun.

And the other good news is that I am listing the glasses at Chairish -- a vintage sale website that curates their offerings, so once you submit your listing with description and photos, it takes them up to a week to review it and post it. (They don't review it in terms of accuracy of facts; they don't really know anything -- only in terms of if they want to sell it. And they edit your photos to look better.) So my listing has not been posted yet, so I can still edit the text and get these correct details in.

Well happy holidays to everyone! This is a terrific message board and I have enjoyed the discussion. Only problem is that I used to be a compulsive shopper, which is how I acquired all this glassware, which I am finally thinning out and finding new homes for, but I think hanging out on this site -- at this Message Board -- will only encourage me to start shopping again. ha. I will try to just read and look and not haunt eBay late at night looking for rare finds. 

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand