No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: who made my casserole? need help identifying!  (Read 652 times)

Offline irishdawg

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • vintage ovenware
    • United States
who made my casserole? need help identifying!
« on: May 28, 2019, 01:12:59 PM »
Hi, I've been scouring the internet and am at my wits' end...I have 3 casserole dishes with Fire King model numbers, but with Glasbake designs.  They are neither Fire King nor Glasbake!  The backstamp is generic with no manufacturer, but with the following in a circle:  OVEN-PROOF MICROWAVE SAFE, and MADE IN USA.  The Fire King model number is above the MADE IN USA inside the circle.  For instance, I have a rectangular baking dish model 441 (FK) but with the five flower in blue you find on Glasbake.  It has a smooth bottom (unlike the "pebbly" bottom on Glasbake.) I can not find ANY true reference to this anywhere.  The other 2 are round casseroles with the green daisy design (like Glasbake) and the model number is either 435 or 438 (hard to read) like Fire King on the larger piece.  I know they are probably a 70's knockoff brand, but I really would love to know who made these!!  Any help would be appreciated! 

I can't attach a picture yet, but using clockface reference:  The words are in a circle approximately 1.5 inches in diameter.  OVEN-PROOF goes from 8 to 11.  MICROWAVE SAFE goes from 12 to 4.  MADE IN USA is at bottom from 7 to 5.  On the rectangular baking dish, the 441 is above MADE IN USA, the 1 in 441 is centered above 6 o'clock, and 441 is in a straight horizontal line.  There is also a mold number below the M in MICROWAVE at around 12 o'clock.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand