No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Art Nouveau Vase? - ID = "Ambiente Zwiesel"  (Read 3932 times)

Offline Penelope12

• Members
  • Glass hoarder!
    • Uranium glass
    • England
Art Nouveau Vase? - ID = "Ambiente Zwiesel"
« on: December 20, 2018, 08:27:41 AM »
I wonder if anyone can help me identify this Art Nouveau shaped vase, it has got me completely stumped! I have Googled everything I can think of and have drawn a complete blank. I can’t even work out whether it was made yesterday or a hundred years ago. It has all the signs of age including the remains of at least four stickers, so it’s certainly been around the block, but I can’t help thinking that it looks a bit modern. It stands at 9 1/2” inches tall, has a polished rim and a heavy moulded base...that’s dirt inside! It seems to have some kind of painted finish that has worn through in several places, but I can’t find anything similar, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Penny
"One small crack does not mean that you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart".
~ Linda Poindexter.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Re: Art Nouveau Vase? Help With ID Please
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 06:30:10 PM »
Hi Penny,
rather "made yesterday" than Art Nouveau ;)

Here is a link to a labeled one: https://www.ebay.ie/itm/A-FINE-ZWIESEL-AMBIENTE-GLASS-VASE-GERMANY-/392213089125

I don't know if these "Ambiente Zwiesel" vases were made/surface decorated at Zwiesel Germany, or just sold under that brand name...

Michael

Offline Penelope12

• Members
  • Glass hoarder!
    • Uranium glass
    • England
Re: Art Nouveau Vase? Help With ID Please
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 11:02:33 AM »
Thank you Michael, it's been puzzling me for weeks, it's got such an unusual finish.
Now I know why it's covered in the remains of stickers including one on the base from the bar code!  :o
"One small crack does not mean that you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart".
~ Linda Poindexter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand