No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this a SKLO Vladislaf Urban jar?  (Read 31283 times)

Offline hiabex

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • identification of glass
    • Bath UK
Is this a SKLO Vladislaf Urban jar?
« on: December 24, 2018, 10:02:48 AM »
Hi, first post here after searching high and low using endless combinations of search terms.
My late grandmother once had the small glass pot included in this post. Image taken from search for 'Knobbly glass pen pot'
Unfortunately, when my family cleared her house after she died, items like this most likely wound up in a house clearance business and was never to be seen again. I don't care if I can't have the original one that my grandmother owned, I'll settle for another.
After much digging around, it seems that some people list this as a Vladislaf Urban design (Though the SKLO Union web site doesn't show the item), I've also seen similar pots listed as  Japanese glassware, I don't remember the name but I don't think it was the correct identification. Can anyone here help clear up the mystery please? Thanks.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Is this a SKLO Vladislaf Urban jar?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 10:23:56 AM »
Welcome to the message board.

They were made in Japan, pretty sure the information is somewhere here on the GMB. They crop up in different coloured glass as well as clear glass with stained colour like yours.

John

Offline hiabex

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • identification of glass
    • Bath UK
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 11:06:45 AM »
Hi John, thanks for responding. I'll have a delve into the boards and see If I can find something Japanese specific :)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 10:08:18 PM »
Bond Ware, Japan. A search of the board will bring up other topics but few have surviving photos as they were externally hosted images.  I'm adding a pic of a green one I spotted out and about.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 05:17:11 PM »
Thank you Anne, I did not find any of the old topics when I looked, my search did not include "bond".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand