No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Victorian opal white sugar and creamer with cow pattern  (Read 1054 times)

Offline thewingedsphinx

• Members
    • Victorian pressed glass
    • United Kingdom
Victorian opal white sugar and creamer with cow pattern
« on: January 10, 2019, 07:39:12 AM »
Hello all,
I welcome any help identifying these two pieces,Victorian opal white sugar and creamer with cow pattern, material feel is very similar to the Greener rd302199 creamer which I’ve included for reference. They have an unusual base.
Thanks Mike

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline marie anne

• Members
Re: Victorian opal white sugar and creamer with cow pattern
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 04:09:30 PM »
I don't know if they've been identified before.  Just found them in "Milk Glass" published in 1995 by Betty & Bill Newbound page 127.  It says "Very unusual and hard to find set. Consesus of opinion is English manufacture".  No sure how helpful that is!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline thewingedsphinx

• Members
    • Victorian pressed glass
    • United Kingdom
Re: Victorian opal white sugar and creamer with cow pattern
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 08:54:47 PM »
Marie Anne,
Thanks very much for that info, I shall investigate further.
These have been in dads collection for years, he thinks there American, a dealer friend of his thinks they maybe from Belgium or France but after handling them I think they are very similar in feel and material to the other Davidson and Greener opal pieces he has. I think  it's the unusual rough base that is a bit off putting. Especially when they have gone to the trouble to include nice scrolled feet.
Greener made some nice lidded butter dishes in a cow pattern, there's one on eBay in malachite at the moment, that's why I think it maybe Greener?
Cheers

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand