No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Opaline celery vase - ID = Davidson  (Read 1281 times)

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
Opaline celery vase - ID = Davidson
« on: January 22, 2019, 11:28:26 AM »
Hi,
I recently purchased this lovely Pearline Celery vase. My immediate thought that it was a Davison's piece but as yet searching lots of pressed glass/ Celery vase reference sites by search has failed.
Could anyone on this board please assist my quest. When purchasing I immediately though it was a Davidsons piece but ?????
Measures 8" tall 4.5" rim diameter.
Thanks,
Bryn

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Hi you are correct with Davidson.

Regards Roy

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
Brilliant Roy.
That was a real bargain. It was in a very poorly lit indoor bootsale last weekend. It was full of multi coloured pot pourri so the colour of the glass didn't show. I asked if I could pour out the Pourri into a bag to reveal more. I could then see that the vase was fine and superb so I asked the price. When I was told £1 I could hardly control my excitement.
Best bargain for a long while.
Many Thanks,
Bryn

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
Re: Opaline celery vase - ID = Davidson
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 10:06:28 AM »
Bryn, I think it's from Davidson's RD 320124, registered on 10 June1898 (and part of their '1899 suite').

See: http://www.cloudglass.com/r18911900.htm

Does it not have the embossed RD number on it somewhere?

Fred.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand