No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Tomorrow's collectables? Would you buy one today?  (Read 1797 times)

Offline RoynMargaret

• Members
    • Decorative  Collectables
Tomorrow's collectables? Would you buy one today?
« on: August 13, 2006, 10:06:52 AM »
Margaret and I made a serendipitous discovery on a trip to Sleaford in Lincolnshire - only 25 miles from home, and we had never been before. We certainly did not know it was home to the National Centre for Craft and Design.

As you can see from my blog http://www.cornucopiaantiques-collectables.co.uk/Sleaford.html there was an extensive display of studio glass exhibited for sale.

It all looked attractive, but I am not sure it represented the cream of current studio glass design. I detected very little I would describe as innovative. new and cutting edge. The prices typically were £15 - £150. I only identified one specific price for the blog.

What do you think? All of the pictures will enlarge with a click.
We have changed our trading style and name to Decorative Collectables. Our prime glass activities may now be seen here:
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Decorative-Collectables-UK?_rdc=1

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 11:38:30 AM »
They look lovely and colourful - nice pictures Roy.  I particularly like the orange and pale blue egg shaped vases(?) in the bottom left hand photograph ...

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Pat

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 12:12:28 PM »
I do buy modern art glass but only if I like it and it sits well with my other glass. It matters not to me if it is tomorrows collectable or not. I buy because I like and I know I may be helping another young glass artists on their way to a bright future or at least an income.
No retreat, No surrender.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand