No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Question  (Read 58 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Anne Tique

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 776
    • Kingdom of Belgium
« on: March 15, 2019, 10:44:44 AM »
I got myself this whopper, vase Trinidad by Samuel Herman for VSL from 1972.

I had to look twice because it showed something i've seen on these vases before and also spotted in adds and I nearly made the same mistake, but I wasn't wearing my specs initially  8). On the body, attached/connected to the applied spots, there are these horizontal lines. I've read before that people think that they are cracks, which they're not, but I can see why people think it is. They look like threads or folds pulled away from the applied spots in the process and you can feel and see them. Because of the clear layer in between the pink  and the applications, you can see the shadow of these lines on the pink glass.

Perhaps a silly question but is there a term for such a thing and is it normal to see this on SH productions?

Thank you for any comments.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via


SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Look for glass on
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Look for glass on (us)
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand