No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Whitefriars Parker Pen Holder/Ashtray...  (Read 12564 times)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Whitefriars Parker Pen Holder/Ashtray...
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 06:56:42 PM »
 They did some with ball point but the best ones had fountain pens with a long gold piece on the end to look a bit like a quill or feather as well as the gold ring and nib ,they are quite ornate . Sorry Pete the one pictured aint W/Fs the wrong shape should be round just like the ashtrays .

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 08:06:29 PM »
Hi there, I have a Parker 51 pen here that I thought you might wish to see:

Photo A:  Parker 51 pen, gold and brown.

Photo B:  Parker 51 lid, with arrow ( or *quill* ) design on pen top shirt-clip.

Photo C:  "Parker 51" inscribed inside of pen, where pen is re-filled.

Photo D:  Some of my other pens that I grabbed here quickly, just FYI: 1). Eagle 14kt, Made in Canada
                                                                                                2). The Conway, 14kt, No.475, London
                                                                                                3). Parker 51 Pen, as shown here
                                                                                                4). Parker Vacumatic, 14kt

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 03:23:27 PM »
OK thanks I should put it in a separate topic or perhaps post at one of the WF groups to make sure it's not. Finally I know what shape we are talking about ! Come on guys get those pics done !
Mods delete mine if you wish.
Now, with it in front of me I see that the pic colour is off. It should NOT look greenish so I should re-take my pic in any case.
Pete
Pete

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 12:03:59 AM »
Colour's a little off, but it's supposed to be representing Arctic Blue...

Offline Patrick

• Members
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 04:39:17 PM »
Here is a link to some other pics showing the presentation box....... I will phone tonight and ask what is printed on the label where the pen attaches ...... http://whitefriarsorg.org/mf/index.php?showtopic=489
 Regards, Patrick.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 05:12:52 PM »
I love the original pens for these sets - shame they don't seem to crop up much, as I want one for mine.

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 05:33:25 PM »
If you Google "Parker Pen Spares"  there are quite a few people who can find what you are looking for.  I spoke to someone at Battersea Pens (I think) a year or two ago and he was most helpful. But there is quite a selection to choose from.

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 06:37:32 PM »
Hi that was my pen set  ,the label tells you that there is a separate ball that keeps the magnetism when you pull off the pen holder to pack it away ,most people dont realise it comes apart for storage ,so when you pull the pen and holder off you pop on the metal ball it takes a lot of pulling .JP - I HOPE THIS MAKE SENSE JUST BACK FROM THE PUB

Offline Gill

• Members
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 09:26:26 PM »
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-10799
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-10798
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-10798

Ok everyone, finally got my equipment out too :o   I tool some really good pics but they were too big to upload so had to take these.  The pen is the parker 51 and I was surprised to find that this method of filling with ink dates from 1948 with parker, I THINK, this is the original pen.  There is a website run by someone that knows EVERYTHING,  about the parker 51 if you need any info, or parts, will post link next time.  By the by, wandering around in the dark with a UV light, as one does of an evening, I discovered the glass has some uranium content too!  Cheers, Gill

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2008, 07:48:09 PM »
Your ashtray WON'T have any uranium, more likely to be manganese, which gives a light green glow rather than a bright green glow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand