No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Whitefriars Parker Pen Holder/Ashtray...  (Read 12565 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Whitefriars Parker Pen Holder/Ashtray...
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2008, 09:30:07 PM »
Hi Lustrousstone -

So *manganese* = low green glow,
and *Uranium* = very bright green glow.                    Hmmm - I had never heard of manganese before.Thxs
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Gill

• Members
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2008, 08:44:48 AM »
Hi, very interesting, never heard of manganese either but it is definately a dull green glow.  Also, I heard from the guy who runs the following site, he reckons my pen is probably original.

http://www.parker51.com/

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 03:08:09 PM »
Just to update this particular thread, I also picked up one of the bases, which I believe is Arctic Blue, but without the holder and the pen. Is there any chance someone has these two parts? I imagine I can pick up the Parker 51, so it's all down to whether the holder is available.
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

Offline Foxfurie

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • British, Czech, Scandanavian
    • England
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 05:25:09 PM »
I am surprised that the Parker 51 is the correct pen for the holder. I have the round paperweight one, in a browny/green colour (definitely not cinnamon) with the original pen, definitely the original pen as it is a family piece. The pen, ball point, is black to match the holder and has a gold band around the middle and a long tapered gold "tip" on the end (the none writing end) with a little bobble. It is a Parker but it's most definitely not the 51 or even a version of it.

As a total aside, when I was little I used to love the "pull the pen off the holder" game... I am glad I didn't damage it!

Fox

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2012, 10:14:19 AM »
That sounds spot on fox but they did them with several different parker pens , one was rather spectacular with a long quill like gold end piece , i have only ever seen one of those and i live in Whitefriars land .jp

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand