No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stunning Alabaster Glass / Opaline Perfume Bottle. Bohemia ca. 1820-1840  (Read 10958 times)

Offline Mars from Isergebirge

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Isergebirge
    • Poland
Re: Stunning Alabaster Glass / Opaline Perfume Bottle. Bohemia ca. 1820-1840
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2023, 09:10:15 AM »

Which books do you have please? and which would you recommend as the most comprehensive for the period 1800-1850/60?

"Graflich Schaffgotsch'sche Josephinenhutte 1842-1900", "Barock und Rokoko im Hirschberger Tal", "Fritz Heckert 1866-1923".

For paperweights, the book by Marek Kordasiewicz.

My area of interest is the Isergebirge, which means Karlsthal, Hoffnungsthal, Josephinenhutte, and Neuwelt/Novy Svet.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Stunning Alabaster Glass / Opaline Perfume Bottle. Bohemia ca. 1820-1840
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2023, 09:21:08 AM »
Thank you.  I'd been pondering on the Marek Kordasiewicz book because I think it will give me more detailed information on the area to complement the books I already have.  Also in English, which helps greatly as translating the books I have which are written in German  is for me quite painstaking and slow. That will be my Christmas present :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand