No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Nanny Still  (Read 12363 times)

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Nanny Still
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 09:08:54 PM »
Della said:
(I want your Kehra vase, Max  Have you seen what they are fetching, even with the slow summer sales?)

Are they about £100 now Della?  I started my collection about 3/4 years ago...prices were lower then.  8)   I'm still hankering after a Pironki, Emma & similar, but I'm pretty short on shelf space.  :x

Jo...best wishes at the auction.  :D  I hope the pieces are Nanny Still and not wrongly described. xx
I am not a man

Offline Pat

• Members
Nanny Still
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 09:16:29 PM »
I hate to tell you girls but I have two pironkies, three kehra vases and 3 aitanlukkos plus other assorted bits. Don't like Emma vases so never touch 'em. I'm in the process of collecting Siiroinen trains and have two at the moment.
No retreat, No surrender.

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
Nanny Still
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 09:25:47 PM »
Quote from: "Pat"
I hate to tell you girls but I have two pironkies, three kehra vases and 3 aitanlukkos plus other assorted bits. Don't like Emma vases so never touch 'em. I'm in the process of collecting Siiroinen trains and have two at the moment.

Doncha love these fancy pants people with too much glass for their own good..... you'd think they would share it around a bit wouldn't you. :lol:
Thank you very much!

Lynne
x
Josordoni Collectables - eBay Store

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Nanny Still
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 09:29:11 PM »

Oooh lovely Pat!   :D  :D  I suppose I've kind of lost interest in that type of Scandi glass...although I still really like it, just not enough to spend any more money on.  I've got a bit tight-fisted in me old age!  :wink:  Still - I bet they make a fabulous display - got any pics Pat?

I still yearn for a Pironki...ooh and Victoriana, I've only ever seen one of those.
I am not a man

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Nanny Still
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2006, 09:29:57 PM »

oooh sounds Fintastic - are you gonna post some piccies Pat?  :D

Offline Pat

• Members
Nanny Still
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 09:31:43 PM »
I'll try but since we had the family moved back in some has had to go in boxes for the time being. I still have some out so will make an effort.

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Nanny Still
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 09:37:02 PM »
I have a Piironki vase, in red.  :lol:  I also have 2 Aurinkopullot, one in blue and one in uranium green, 2 Safari vases, a Siiroinen dice and others that I don't know the name of.  :?
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Nanny Still
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 09:44:24 PM »
Tut.  Everyone's got a Pironki except me!! :lol: I'm Pironki-less!   :x

I'll stick a pic of most of my Scandi stuff up tomorrow.  Some people will have seen it before, but it looks kind of cool together I think.
I am not a man

Offline Pat

• Members
Nanny Still
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 10:00:29 PM »
I've got a safari as well. Bought it this year from a little local antique fair ina village hall for £15. Lovely cinnamon colour. I love the uranium. One of my siiroinen trains is uranium as is the huge vase I posted on here months ago, designer unknown. I also have Tynell aurinkopullo's in uranium.

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Nanny Still
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 10:16:25 PM »
I haven't got one either Max and I've sold my better Scandi bits including my only Safari :-(  but here's an old picture of some of my more basic Aladin/Still stuff though, I reckon it looks brilliant when it's all together...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g60/pips-trip/scandi20001.jpg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand