No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Theresienthal Etched/engraved clear bowl roemer, amber foot - for reference  (Read 2460 times)

Offline catshome

• Members
    • Most glass and studio pottery
    • UK
Labelled example posted here for reference.

10cm high x 7.5cm diameter, 114g.  Grapes and vine engraved and etched pattern.  Amber raspberry prunts and rigaree to hollow stem over amber foot.
Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

Offline catshome

• Members
    • UK
label
Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

Offline ahremck

• Members
I am adding this - poor photo and all - as a further reference.  It has an identical label.  Part of a set of 6.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
 :) Do all your prunts contain 7 bobbles around the centre one?
I've got a really well made wine glass that looks to have the same sort of features, but it only has 6 bobbles around each centre part. I'm utterly clueless about the glass I have - I don't know whether it is genuinely old or a quality modern repro.  ;D
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline catshome

• Members
    • UK
Hi Sue, no idea how I missed your reply.  Yes, on these pieces they are all 7 around 1.  I think these are fairly modern, but they are nicely made.  My c.1890 Heckert roemer also has 7/1.  From what I've seen so far, I couldn't say that the prunts can be used to definitively identify any particular maker or era......if only it could be that easy!  Would love to see yours.  Are you still having problems with pictures and the latest PC?

Ross, thanks for adding your example.  We may have the start of something useful.
Cat 😺

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand