No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: prob been asked before but is this Sklo Union - ID = Hermanova hut  (Read 1593 times)

Offline createdbear

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • England
Good evening folks,
Apologies if this has been asked before, chances are it has been but can someone teel me please, is this Sklo Union? Any maker? I've Googled but I just can't find a piece the same but I know I've seen the same piece several times before on the net. It's that piece that looks lie a totem pole/Tiki when viewed with the edge in the centre front.
As always, thank you to anyone who can help.

Offline createdbear

• Members
    • England
Re: prob been asked before but is this Sklo please?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 08:21:22 PM »
No worries folks, I've found it at long last. Thanks to those who looked at it.

Offline catshome

• Members
    • Most glass and studio pottery
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 08:25:12 PM »
I was just coming back to post, but you say you've solved it.  What was the answer?
Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 08:49:57 PM »
it either is, or is very similar to, Hermanova hut - Pattern No. 20247, and first designed/made in 1974 -  produced in both clear and matte.       Vase in quadrilateral form, with abstract decoration - height 180 mm.         I think :)                Page 72 in the Newhall book - 'Sklo Union - Art Before Industry: 20th Century Czech Pressed Glass'.

Offline createdbear

• Members
    • England
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 09:43:27 PM »
Hi Cats and Paul.
Yes, I went back in to Google and scrolling thru I found it. Hermanova Hut and by Frantisek Peceny. Cheers.

Offline catshome

• Members
    • Most glass and studio pottery
    • UK
Re: prob been asked before but is this Sklo Union - ID = Hermanova hut?
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 12:40:02 AM »
That's a relief.....I thought Hermanova Hut, but didn't have time to check if the memory was actually working!
Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand