No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ashtray, is it VSL ?  (Read 3968 times)

Offline keez

• Members
    • Netherlands
    • https://www.etsy.com/shop/MidcenturyKCDesign
Ashtray, is it VSL ?
« on: April 28, 2020, 03:21:36 PM »
I bought this ashtray, I thought it was VSL because of the ‘Trident’ series. It is made in two colours of crystal the same technique, but with other colours and four swirls ?  I thought about a ‘Quadrant’ series but can’t find it.
I saw another one in Jay’s website, a Dutch Kristalunie ashtray with the same shape. 
I asked Jay, but that one is only produced in one colour, a yellow casing all over. 
He told me it is more likely VSL, but if not it also could be a smaller German factory.
My question is, who made it ?

Offline Ekimp

• Members
    • England
Re: Ashtray, is it VSL ?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 04:41:14 PM »
Hi, sticking my head on the block again - I think this is another bit of Chalet Glass, Canada but I’ve not managed to find a marked example the same. Assume you have checked the base for a very faint acid mark? Have you checked it with ultra violet, do the ribs glow? Is the main body clear as it looks blue in the photographs?
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day - Winnie-the-Pooh

Offline keez

• Members
    • Netherlands
    • https://www.etsy.com/shop/MidcenturyKCDesign
Re: Ashtray, is it VSL ?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 11:37:48 AM »
Hi Ekimp,
Thanks, you are right Chalet Glass.  I see a lot of same like objects and also the same colours.
No acid mark, but it glows completely light green under black light, not only the ribs !!
There is some blue in the thin parts but not much.

Thanks again
Kees

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand