No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: New To Glass Message Board !  (Read 1409 times)

Offline selina

• Members
New To Glass Message Board !
« on: August 29, 2006, 01:04:50 AM »
Hi,
Stumbled across the glass message board and cant believe I never found it before. Just wanted to say hi and hope that I can add something interesting in the future.
Ive been collecting glass for about the past 10 years, going it alone, without much expertise or help. I hope that I can find out some information about some of my glass and maybe something I have could help someone else.
Im in Australia and have mostly bought from garage sales and op shops and Im hoping Ive bought genuine Murano at times. I only have a couple with labels or any markings and I will add to the label thread when Ive finished reading it..(only on page 3).
Enjoying looking at everyone's lovely glass and cant wait to see if someone can help me identify mine when I take some pictures.

selina
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 04:51:03 AM »
Hi Selina!
Welcome to the Murano forum!
Thanks already for adding your label to the board.
Hope we can help you out with your collection and any questions you have!
Talk soon!
Javier
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

Offline selina

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 08:32:30 AM »
Thanks Javier !

I hope that label can help someone else. Im looking forward to finding out about my glass. Proper terms and names of glass artists if any. Ive really collected whatever took my fancy but Ive seen a couple on here similar to what I have. So Im already learning. There were quite a lot of Italian immigrants over here, and still are, and there was a lot of art glass bought with them I think.  I will add my other labels, but they are pretty ordinary.

selina
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand