No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Am I missing something?  (Read 2624 times)

Offline flick

• Members
Am I missing something?
« on: August 31, 2006, 03:19:05 PM »
Hello People

Flick here again with a great lump of glass (the thing is, the only recreational shopping I get to do here in Geneva is charity shops as everything is sooooo flipping expensive, which is why I bother you all with this stuff).

There is a "test-tube" shape in the "back" which is not enclosed making it unusable as a vase so am I missing a bit?  The quality is that of another great lump (thanks to Ivo for identification of that) so it may be Zweisel.  

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l36/flick1066/glass024.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l36/flick1066/glass025.jpg

Any thoughts?  I'd be very grateful.

:D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Am I missing something?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 03:43:37 PM »
It looks similar to Walther solifleurs.   :?
I am not a man

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Am I missing something?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 04:13:56 PM »
Oooooh nice!  I've seen these somewhere but I can't remember where now (sorry to be unhelpful) but I think Max is probably right with Walther anyway.  I just wanted to say I liked it :-)

Offline flick

• Members
Am I missing something?
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 09:11:11 PM »
Thank you Max and Pip

I've just noticed there's a ruddy great chunk out of it at the top middle :x  Why didn't I notice it before!  I still like it though.

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Am I missing something?
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 09:39:57 PM »
Quote from: "flick"
Thank you Max and Pip

I've just noticed there's a ruddy great chunk out of it at the top middle :x  Why didn't I notice it before!  I still like it though.

You'd be surprised how many times that's happened to me.  I think I get blinded with excitement and don't check properly...  :lol:   I hope your piece wasn't expensive Flick, and at least it'll be a good lesson learned.  :D
I am not a man

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Am I missing something?
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 09:42:28 PM »
Quote from: "flick"
Thank you Max and Pip

Flick, I can't tell you the number of times I've bought something only to get it home and find a huge chip or crack running through it.  Hubby (who's got a much sharper eye for damage than I have) now has to have the quick once over on any glass I want to buy!  Still, as you say, it doesn't notice on your particular piece - and unless you want to sell it on it's unimportant from a display point of view.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand