Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Murano & Italy Glass

Uranium cased ewer, Salviati????

(1/1)

chuggy:
Bought this nice ewer in the week, fair bit of age and a lovely pale kingfisher blue cased in pale yellow and then clear. Didn't look at all like uranium until I was playing around with a UV today and it glows like crazy towards the bottom.
Now I'm thinking possibly Gaspari for Salviati, any thoughts?

http://i8.tinypic.com/27xgitl.jpg

Paul

David E:
Paul,

I have three of these, red, green and blue so would also like to know who they are attributed to. The green (amber sommerso) is the only one that doesn't glow. All about 12" (30cm) tall.

Carolyn Preston:
Okay, I'm confused (I'm sure that made everyone shocked and surprised)  :lol:

What is this uranium thing? Is it good, bad, informational? How do you tell if it exists? What does its presence or absence tell us?

Inquiring minds (and mine) want to know! :?:  :?:  :?:

Max:
Hi Carolyn, it's good you have an enquiring mind!  :D  Could I suggest you start a new topic with your question 'What is Uranium Glass' in the Glass Section of the board?   Unless the moderators think it would be better in the Cafe?  :D

On the ewer front, Chuggys piece is slightly different to the other ewers I've seen inasmuch that it has a conical shape with a flattened base.  The rounded base shape in this style is more common, and I'd hazard a guess that theres too many of them about to be Gaspari...  :?

Having said that, Chuggy's got a good eye, so maybe I'm wrong.  :x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version