No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Afro Celotto - wow! enjoy...  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Afro Celotto - wow! enjoy...
« on: September 04, 2006, 04:05:00 AM »
I found this site whilst searching for something else, and was enthralled by these pieces - such fabulous colours and colour combinations, and shapes.

One thing that struck me was that they reminded me of the work of Lino Tagliapietra, so it was no great surprise to find that Afro Celotto served his apprenticeship under Lino.  http://www.afrocelotto.com/default.html
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline chuggy

• Members
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 07:12:37 AM »
OK the secrets out now, I'm in Murano in November and have arranged a visit to the Celotto workshop hoping to pick up a couple of pieces without the huge gallery premiums. The Tagliapietra influence is quite clear and as I'm graduating more towards collecting this type of work at present. I've got a couple of Tagliapietra pieces from his earlier days in the 1980's and it's interesting to see how his work has evolved and become far more complex over the years. I can also recommend the 2 books on his work that are out there with some stunning illustrations if this type of glass is your thing.
Paul
There is no distance on earth as far away as yesterday.

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 07:24:57 AM »
There is some stunning contemporary glasswork available out there - I have never seen anything like these.  The colourwork is amazing.

My first thought though was how would I ever get Astatico in a box for postage..... :lol:

Hope you get something marvellous and wiggly for your sculptural collection Paul.
Thank you very much!

Lynne
x
Josordoni Collectables - eBay Store

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 03:09:22 PM »
:oops:  Sorry to let the cat out of the bag Paul! I had no idea of your plans of course!  :roll:

He is *seriously* good though isn't he...? It's a while since I went Wow! on a glass website.  :wink:
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand