Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Scandinavian Glass

Scandinavian = Tora Pors, i Kalmar

<< < (3/6) > >>

Sklounion:
Rough translation only.....
The vase is probably fabrication from Kalmar glasbruk and designer  Tora Pos, worked Kalmar glasbruk 1947 to 1954. She was working often herself in studio and using a technique with coloured glass powder direct on to the heated glass , working so that the colour is infused. Pattern of vase called "myrica" after a friend. Technique is known as glavering after its creator Arnold Glave.
Marcus

tmaritta:
I would just add that after the colour decoration was added,  a new clear glass coat was administered.

svazzo:

--- Quote from: "taylog1" ---Do you think this looks similar ?
--- End quote ---

Hello Taylog1,
I have to say that vase looks very similar to my bowl.
Can you give me the link to that Swedish message board?
I would be interested to know if there are more samples of the Artist!  

Do you know, or would anyone know if the technique used causes tiny bubbles in the powder colors? I mention this because if the reaction is the same it could be by this artist, Tora Pos, and the same technique before mentioned!

Here's a close up!

Wow, I might be close to finding out who it is by! I'm really surprised that it could be that old. My guess would have been 60's. Thank you all for this new information!
.... and translation Marcus!  :wink:

Oh and tmaritta... Do you know much about the artist or technique?
Any info is greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Javier

Anonymous:
http://www.antikviteter.net/antikprat/

select <glas>, then <KonstGlas>.

All in swedish

Regards

Taylog1

svazzo:
Hi Taylog1,
Thanks for the link! I couldnt understand anything when I logged on but I did manage to send an email, I think?  :?
Guess I'll find out soon.... I emailed the moderator? maybe ot was the moderator, lol, and let him know in English about the piece. Hopefully I wasnt rude by writting in English and someone can translate it for them. I did see 2 posts that were done in English, but they had no replies.

Tried to do a search for "Tora Pos," but didnt get anything that I could read. I'll try searching for "Kalmar glasbruk"

Javier

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version