No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Erica, Italy  (Read 4458 times)

Offline selina

• Members
Erica, Italy
« on: September 07, 2006, 11:13:54 AM »
Does anyone know about this brand? Is it a Murano company? And is it an older company or a more modern one?  Ive done a search on the internet and cant seem to find any info about it.

Also, Im probably missing it but is there a search option in here so I can search past topics?

Selina
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Erica, Italy
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 11:23:06 AM »
Hi Selina,
Just above these posts you will see:

FAQ then Search.  :)
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline selina

• Members
Erica, Italy
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 11:53:56 AM »
Thanks Della...Duh...I cant believe I didnt see that. Sometimes I just dont see the obvious :( Okay so now I feel like a newbie beginner and a dunderhead...:)

Selina
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Offline selina

• Members
Erica, Italy
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 04:54:07 AM »
As in as far as the company Erica, Italy...see this auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280019969692

The bowl has a Murano sticker and Erica, Italy. Ive also seen ducks with the Erica label. But noone seems to know who it is? If anyone can enlighten me or point me to a link with information...

Selina
Trudy

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Erica, Italy
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 02:27:19 PM »
Given the lack of info about Erica Glass I would suspect the label is for a seller/shop/gallery rather than a manufacturer. The Murano label is a generic one probably used by various glassmakers as you'll see in our Murano101 album here: http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/thumbnails.php?album=102
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand