No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: NEW SECTION ON CAITHNESS GLASS  (Read 4088 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
NEW SECTION ON CAITHNESS GLASS
« on: March 13, 2006, 09:13:39 PM »
You asked for it and now it has begun but I need you to realise it for the community!

Just published on the site with two new menus, one for Caithness Glass articles and another for Caithness Catalogues. At bottom of menus on front page. no counters so no pop-ups!

These pages need an overseer, writers and image contributors. I will set-up and post the pages but will not have enough time to create the content.

So will Caithness collectors join in and make this section as comprehensive as the Monart & Vasart section are and the Strathearn and Moncrieff sections will be becoming.

Ask any questions here so we can have a good discussion about how this will be run.

http://www.scotlandsglass.co.uk/

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 03:24:29 PM »
Frank, are you interested in all Caithness or just a certain time span? I have three pieces - 2 perfumes and a small bud vase, all the same colourway (heather I think it's called?) but not sure if this is what you're interested in? I don't think mine are very old (one has its plastic label still) but they are not shown on the Caithness site at all.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline daveweight

• Members
Caithness Paperweights
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 03:46:05 PM »
Hi Frank
Here is a picture of Magnum Opus which is a treble magnum made in 1988 by Franco Toffolo and was a limited edition of 100. It has a seven inch diameter and weights over 16lbs. The small weight by the side of it is a miniature version made for their collectors club and is 3" in diameter.
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=sv6ezd

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 05:19:06 PM »
Hi Anne, Everything!

Dave thanks.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 09:25:23 AM »
:D:D:D

Frank, (and all others interested) I take it you do know that Franco Toffolo, having retired, is now having fun working with John Deacons and Willie Manson. He's produced some lovely vases in the "Scottish style", mottled colours, swirly pull-ups and loads of aventurine, latticino works, paperweights of huge proportions....
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 11:35:53 AM »
Yes.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 07:28:39 PM »
Please note that Caithness Glass pages are now part of the Scottish Glass project and has its own URL http://www.scotlandsglass.co.uk/

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 07:10:25 AM »
:D :D :D

I'm (a little bit) interested in Caithness Studio glass. I would have a personal preference in a website, for paperweights in their own section, perfume bottles, decanters, glasses and the more "ordinary", often engraved pieces all together in their own section, and the Studio stuff completely seperate too.
My problem with searching anything on Caithness is trawling through all the paperweights and giftware to find the rarer stuff I do like!
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 08:53:00 AM »
Hopefully, this will meet your needs... new sections will be added as the pics and data become available... Yes I need lots of help :shock:

http://www.scotlandsglass.co.uk/cms/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand