No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Davidson 589/2 style bowls  (Read 3668 times)

Offline Adam

• Glass Professional
  • Members
  • Sowerby 1949-56, Davidson 1956-61, Jobling 1961-72
Davidson 589/2 style bowls
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 05:42:51 PM »
Frank - will look for the pic, which is not vital for this query.  I actually dug it out a little while ago for some newly-discovered relatives of mine.  It turned out that the chap in the picture (a melter in a glassmaking chair), Arthur Carney, was a very distant relative by marriage of mine!  I knew him well and he never mentioned it - probably he didn't know either.

Later - Have just noticed that the picture IS relevant.  Have found a rough copy of it (I think the original was a little better) and yobunnied (is that a verb?) it.  Now I don't know how to get it on such an old posting from which the "edit" button has disappeared.  Help, please, Frank.  Also many thanks for putting the link up for me.  I was too idle to remember how to do it.  Old age is a good excuse for a multitude of sins!!

Adam D.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Davidson 589/2 style bowls
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2006, 07:24:55 PM »
Hi Adam,

I could not get it into your original posting. Every attempt to edit that post failed. I suspect you reached the number of characters limit for a post. Anyway, I add the picture 3 posts further down in an old guest post.

GENERAL WARNING: If writing a long story on GMB, write it elsewhere first and then copy and paste into the GMB. If you do exceed the posting limit typing, you could lose everything you wrote.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand