Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Paperweights

Caithness Paperweight Indentification

(1/3) > >>

Anteater66:
Hi

New to the board but after many hours searching eBay, online glass catalogues and ever more obscure Scottish glass sites I have given up - I am usually very good at tracking stuff down so getting pretty frustrated now.

Trying to identify a Caithness paperweight called Spirit Dance. It's marked Caithness Scotland in a roundel on the best ( centerted ) and the edition around the edge 130-650

I have seen other "Dance" named examples; typically Astral Dance but can find no example of Spirit Dance.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Brad

chopin-liszt:
You might like to try trawling here?
https://www.scotlandsglass.co.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=6&Itemid=6
I've got the pages to images, you'll need to click on Caithness then on the paperweights.
4797 are illustrated with their names.
Sorry, I dived straight into the glass query and forgot to say "Welcome".  ;D

Anteater66:
Hi and thanks.

The site is good and I have started trawling through but it is a pain to use as various errors pop up when you try to go from page to page once in, for an example, paperweights from a certain year. I had to edit the URL to help navigation. Have gone from 1989 onwards and nothing shows. Did a global search and nothing there either. However, the site would appear to be not a definitive resource as when I searched for Royale another one I have that I can find elsewhere, that didn't appear either

Given the browsing experience on the site I will keep looking - if you know any other similar resources I would love to know.

chopin-liszt:
 ;D
There is a very expensive and comprehensive book on them. I did see the author running around with it under his arm at the Edinburgh conference, I can see his face but I've forgotten his name - it's not the Colin Terris one. It's more recent and very thick.
Scotland's Glass is run by one of our founder members. It's a work in progress.

keith:
There is a 'Spirit Dancer' in the book, 1997, designed by Jason Green.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version