No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Vintage Glass Madona and Child - ID = Jan Cerny  (Read 1465 times)

Offline JustinGill

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Antique glass
    • Australia
Vintage Glass Madona and Child - ID = Jan Cerny
« on: January 05, 2023, 04:05:15 AM »
Hi i found this old glass figure today and would like to find its maker if possible . It is signed as per photo . This figure also has the remains of a square clear sticker on the back that looks to have a large capitol A in the cente and a word running alondg the bottom that looks to start with L-L------ . The sticker is very badly worn and i cannot get a photo of it sorry . This piece is very well signed but i dont know what it reads . The figure is dark amber colour and it is just over 6 1/4 ins tall . Many thanks for the members help with my request .

Offline Steve in Cumbria

• Members
  • Old dog, trying to learn new tricks
    • 18th/19th C drinking glasses
    • UK
Re: Vintage Glass Madona and Child id help please
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 09:28:53 AM »
I think you'll find the signature is Jan Cerny; lots of info online.

Offline JustinGill

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Antique glass
    • Australia
Re: Vintage Glass Madona and Child id help please
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 12:02:56 PM »
Very Cool, Many Thanks Steve 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum