No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: British Licensed Gulvases....  (Read 23047 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: British Licensed Gulvases....
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2011, 10:10:55 AM »
That's fine - thank you  :clap:  mine is 9cm width at the base as well and 10" tall.  I just wanted to check dimensions.  I was sure mine was right but wanted to check the base width.
Many thanks
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2011, 08:21:05 PM »
mine doesn't have a rounded up rim btw, I meant it looks proportionately just like the cobalt 10" vase in the post above and no up rim (just for reference).
m

Offline Ursa_major

• Members
    • UK Leicestershire
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2014, 11:29:19 AM »
Bright Amber "Gulvase" with cascade label as described above. Height is 10" and weight a slight 276gm

Offline Ben.unwin

• Members
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2016, 03:39:34 PM »
How do you tell the difference between Casade gulvases and the original ones by Holmegaard?
Is there a price difference between the 2?

Offline Ursa_major

• Members
    • UK Leicestershire
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2016, 06:29:48 PM »
Someone else will have to help with weights of known Holmegaard examples. From what I have seen where weights have been given, the Cascade ones are significantly lighter perhaps as much as half the weight or less.
 This may be purely because the only ones I have seen are single colour i.e. not white on the inside and not cased in clear glass. I now have two of these and they are virtually the same weight. Both are single colour and uncased.

Offline Ben.unwin

• Members
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2016, 02:44:35 PM »
Thanks for the info!
Is there a notable difference between prices? I'm trying to buy the original Holmegaard pieces but don't want to be caught off guard by a "cheap buy"

Offline Ursa_major

• Members
    • UK Leicestershire
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2016, 06:42:43 PM »
I have never seen a piece sold as "Cascade" and of course most people don't know there's a difference. I have seen pieces which appear to be Cascade from clear descriptions achieve prices on a par with Holmegaard pieces. Again the vendor probably did not know. They all of course follow Otto Brauer's design.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand