No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Where are the Monart miniatures?  (Read 27238 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: Where are the Monart miniatures?
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2018, 04:46:28 PM »
Agree with Sue, lovely piece.

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2018, 07:13:18 AM »
these pieces of 3.5 to 4 inches aren't really miniature to me a lot I would say are just  uncatalogued  small sizes,  minatures to me are around 2 to 3 inches at the most , below to me  is a true miniature at 2 inches shape A also a pic of a shape A in the biggest catalogued size of 10in though I have seen them bigger
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline Penelope12

• Members
  • Glass hoarder!
    • Uranium glass
    • England
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2018, 11:31:45 AM »
Wow! Such a wonderful site. Thanks to this thread I have just managed to identify another of my UGO’s (unidentified glass objects) from an overflowing shelf.  I thought this might be Monart related, but I have never seen anything so small, just 6cm tall...mystery solved.  ;D ;D ;D
"One small crack does not mean that you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart".
~ Linda Poindexter.

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2018, 12:05:14 PM »
nice monart candlestick shape is GG and is a catalogued size X 2.75 in

Offline Penelope12

• Members
  • Glass hoarder!
    • Uranium glass
    • England
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2018, 10:14:08 AM »
Thank you for confirming its identity; it has now been upgraded from the precarious UGO shelf to the locked glass cabinet! I’m thinking of selling, have you any idea of its current value, I have searched but haven’t been able to find anything similar?

Thanks Penny
"One small crack does not mean that you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart".
~ Linda Poindexter.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2018, 01:31:29 PM »
Something like this will find its own price at auction, you really don't need to worry about that.  ;D
Monart Candlesticks are very scarce and very desirable.

Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Penelope12

• Members
  • Glass hoarder!
    • Uranium glass
    • England
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2019, 12:51:33 PM »
Hi all,

I think I have just found another one of these little beauties, but I am a bit puzzled. It resembles a Monart Miniature in every way and stands at only 2.75" inches tall, but on the base where it is showing signs of wear the colour appears to have worn too. I always thought that the colour went all the way through the glass and not just the outside, could anyone shed any light on this please? ???

Thanks Penny
~ Linda Poindexter.

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2019, 01:17:32 PM »
candlestick is monart but the vase isn't, might be nazeing

Offline Penelope12

• Members
  • Glass hoarder!
    • Uranium glass
    • England
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2019, 01:56:48 PM »
Thank you for the quick response Millarart, I can see now, just compared it to another small 4" inch Monart vase I have and the quality just isn't as good. It could be Nazeing, but from previous examples I have had of theirs the colour runs all the way though the glass and there are way more bubbles...still a bit of a mystery then? ???

Just out of interest, are the 4" inch Monart vases classed as miniatures or are they too big?

Thanks Penny
~ Linda Poindexter.

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2019, 02:16:34 PM »
Thank you for the quick response Millarart, I can see now, just compared it to another small 4" inch Monart vase I have and the quality just isn't as good. It could be Nazeing, but from previous examples I have had of theirs the colour runs all the way though the glass and there are way more bubbles...still a bit of a mystery then? ???

Just out of interest, are the 4" inch Monart vases classed as miniatures or are they too big?

Thanks Penny

id say too big for being a minature

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand